Special edition of Dutch magazine on sustainable business: Future Food and Health (in Dutch)
This special edition of ‘Duurzaam Bedrijfsleven’ (in Dutch) is dedicated to food issues.
One article in the magazine discusses a chicken farm designed with animal welfare and sustainability principles at the forefront. Two others note the development of city-based food policy in Amsterdam and Ede.
You can find links to these and other articles in the magazine here.
Europe is the world's second-smallest continent by surface area, covering just over 10 million square kilometres or 6.8% of the global land area, but it is the third-most populous continent after Asia and Africa, with a population of around 740 million people or about 11% of the world's population. Its climate is heavily affected by warm Atlantic currents that temper winters and summers on much of the continent. In the European Union, farmers represent only 4.7% of the working population, yet manage nearly half of its land area.
More like this
- Special edition online magazine by the Food Ethics Council on the food and farming research agenda
- Food Ethics Council magazine: focus on Copenhagen
- The effects of naming and shaming campaigns: the case of the Dutch factory farmed chicken
- Food Ethics Council magazine: the catering issue
- The Land magazine feature on meat-eating and veganism