One Blue Dot: Environmentally sustainable diets toolkit
The Association of UK Dietitians (BDA) has released a toolkit for environmentally sustainable diets, which contains information on eating patterns for health and environmental sustainability, a glossary, frequently asked questions and a list of meal swaps.
Europe is the world's second-smallest continent by surface area, covering just over 10 million square kilometres or 6.8% of the global land area, but it is the third-most populous continent after Asia and Africa, with a population of around 740 million people or about 11% of the world's population. Its climate is heavily affected by warm Atlantic currents that temper winters and summers on much of the continent. In the European Union, farmers represent only 4.7% of the working population, yet manage nearly half of its land area.
More like this
- PhD thesis: Simultaneous optimisation of the nutritional quality and environmental sustainability of diets
- Using dietary quality scores to assess food sustainability
- App: More Than Carrots for restaurant ratings
- Less and Better takes off- impact report by Eating Better
- Waitrose & Partners Food and Drink Report 2018-19