Conference proceedings from the Global Conference on Sustainable Beef 2016 available now
The Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (GRSB), a global, multi-stakeholder initiative developed to advance improvement in sustainability of the global beef value chain, held a conference in October 2016.
While some of the food system challenges facing humanity are local, in an interconnected world, adopting a global perspective is essential. Many environmental issues, such as climate change, need supranational commitments and action to be addressed effectively. Due to ever increasing global trade flows, prices of commodities are connected through space; a drought in Romania may thus increase the price of wheat in Zimbabwe.
More like this
- Key messages, reports and videos from the 1.5 Degrees International Conference available online
- Wilton Park conference proceedings- Global land use: policies for the future
- Food Futures Young Scientists Networking Conference- Video
- Priority research questions for the UK food system –paper now available
- Video: When Fake 'Super Meat' Is Better Than the Real Thing