BBC World Service - The Why Factor - Vegans
The FCRN’s founder Dr Tara Garnett was interviewed on the BBC Worldservice’s Why Factor programme, for their episode which discussed veganism.
You can listen to the interview here. Tara’s interview starts 8 minutes in.
See also the Foodsource chapters What is a healthy sustainable eating pattern? and What can be done to shift eating patterns in healthier, more sustainable directions?
Europe is the world's second-smallest continent by surface area, covering just over 10 million square kilometres or 6.8% of the global land area, but it is the third-most populous continent after Asia and Africa, with a population of around 740 million people or about 11% of the world's population. Its climate is heavily affected by warm Atlantic currents that temper winters and summers on much of the continent. In the European Union, farmers represent only 4.7% of the working population, yet manage nearly half of its land area.
More like this
- Report: Action on sustainable diets (food service)
- Anti-obesity programmes in primary schools 'don't work'
- Book: Handbook of research on social marketing and its influence on animal origin food product consumption
- What can we expect for food, drink and agriculture policy in 2018?
- In sweeping war on obesity, Chile slays Tony the Tiger